tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: maxProcessors vs maxThreads
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:18:41 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Howdy,
>

>>there seems to be some confusion about whether to use maxThreads or
>>maxProcessors and the effect on tomcat. futher it is not clear from the
>>docs which one to use and whether they have an effect on the protocol
>
> used
>
>>by the connector.
>

> Read the documentation carefully.  The Coyote (HTTP) connector for
> Tomcat 5 supports parameters for max threads, spare threads, and other
> settings.  The Coyote (HTTP) connector for tomcat 4 supports
> maxProcessors, minProcessors, and other settings.  Anything not listed
> on these pages is not supported, meaning Coyote in Tomcat 5 does NOT
> support maxProcessors and Coyote in tomcat 4 does NOT support max
> threads.
>
> The AJP connector in tomcat 5, as its documentation states, does not
> support either max threads or maxProcessors.  The docs lay it all out.

For AJP, you're supposed to use the jk2.properties file. This is all in
the JK docs, with the native connector docs. Some select parameters from
jk2.properties could be set on the Connector element, but it seemed
better to use only one configuration file for AJP, and I removed them
from the documentation.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat