tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@jboss.org>
Subject Re: out of memory problem. Help!
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:41:08 GMT
Allistair Crossley wrote:

> This is very interesting to hear. I can believe it too...we lose
> between 400K and 5MB per request and Tomcat 5.0.16 bombs out at 155.
>
> We have invested in JProfiler now to see why but your comment is
> curious. Are you on the development team? When will 5.0.18 become
> stable...does not seem to be a binary download yet

I suggest you continue investigating with your profiler: you have a
different problem.

> -----Original Message----- From: David Strupl
> [mailto:david@solutions.cz] Sent: 19 January 2004 17:00 To:
> tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org Subject: Re: out of memory problem.
> Help!
>

> If you use tomcat 5.0.x upgrade to 5.0.18. If you use 4.1.x downgrade
> to 4.1.27. There is a significant memory leak in tomcat in 5.0.16,
> 4.1.28(29).

This is not true: there's indeed a memory leak with 5.0.16, but it would
occur only with specific traffic patterns. It will not bring a server
down in just a few requests.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat