tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "OUTTERS Guillaume" <guillaume.outt...@c-s.fr>
Subject Re: Tomcat
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:54:25 GMT
Haddad, Bayan M wrote:

> I would like to learn more about Tomcat for Unix Solaris. Where can I
> find information on it, documentation, download the software,
> installation procedure, Tomcat V.S Jrun ?. Who support it?.

I installed one on a Solaris 9. Installing Tomcat was no problem
(download the zip "binary" release (jar files and shell scripts),
uncompress it, use the "startup.sh" shell script, it works), but I had
trouble making it work with Apache and mod_jk2 (which makes the link
between both).

Using a gcc3 development environment, I finally found I had to configure
Apache with explicit shared object output ("./configure [...]
--enable-so --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-static=no
--enable-shared=yes" did the trick, pick the ones you want. I chose all
of them, just in case). If I didn't, I had no 'libapr-0.so' and
'libaprutil-0.so' in Apache-generated lib directory; then, when running
mod_jk2's 'configure', which needs libapr, it couldn't find those and so
decided not to compile to a shared object (which is required to add it
to Apache as a module).

--
Guillaume Outters