tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: proper way to access local dir?
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:39:33 GMT
If you don't care about where the files are written to, you can use
"javax.servlet.context.tempdir". See the spec "SRV.3.7.1 Temporary Working
Directories" for details.

If you need a permanent local directory, I prefer to use a JNDI string lookup
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html)
to the name of the directory. This way I don't need to change my web.xml on
my development box vs qna vs production.

-Tim