tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <ahardy.str...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: caching nightmare
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:00:06 GMT
Yes, tried that random querystring on the url, but no joy.

When I switch the language from German back to en_us, I see what I want
to see. But switching German on again in the browser redisplays this
ghost resource bundle!

Does that mean it can't be the browser?

And I'm pretty sure I don't have a proxy, unless there's some extremely
well hidden linux proxy on my localhost! But it also couldn't be the
proxy, since this is just the locale changing, not the URL.

On 01/16/2004 11:18 AM Ralph Einfeldt wrote:
> Yes, in a proxy. Caching proxies are use by some
> internet providers and they are often used inside
> corporate networks.
>
> If we want to be shure that an url is not cached,
> we not only set the response headers, but also
> append a unique id to the url that changes with
> every request. (As parameter)

struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian