tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.catalina.HttpRequest.setRequestURI() and valves
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:47:30 GMT

Green, Jeffrey wrote:

>Aaah.  I see.  Unfortunately sendRedirect() does not work at the valve
>level.

That's not true ;-) SunOne AppServ is using that technique :-) Why are
you saying it doesn't work at the valve level?

>I could use that solution only if I implemented the redirect for
>each specific webapp, but this is a bit too much code duplication to be
>productive / condusive to change.

Why? It depends where you put the valve? Remember you can also place
your valve at the engine level.

>It seems that this decision has crippled
>some of Tomcat's functionality - whereas before, I could redirect requests
>across a whole host, now I can only do that per webapp.
>Was anything else implemented to achieve such functionality instead?

Yes, by using the mapper directly. But that's a lot of works (you need
to understand how the mapper works, etc.).  The main object to look at
is MappingData where the result of the mapping is stored.

-- Jeanfrancois