tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us>
Subject Re: RTFM
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:40:33 GMT
Okay, from this detailed description---which sounds to me like it should
work---here's my SWAG (silly wild-ass guess):  After your
response.sendRedirect() in the servlett, do you, um, well, include an
explicit return statement?

Jerry

Jerald Powel wrote:

>OK, what I am trying to do is simple in theory. I have loaded in the browser an app -
app1/. From a servlet in app1 I want to simply redirect to another app (app2 - different context)
- to be loaded in the same browser window. By which means I forward I'm not fussed. Currently
I am using RequestDispatcher or response.sendRedirect from a servlet in app1. But in the window,
app2 appeqars to be loading in the address bar, but app1 is in fact loaded but with broken
image links/error messages etc. So it appears to looking in the right place...just for the
wrong things!

>I have checked docBase for each context in server.xml - they are fine.  Each app runs
fine if loaded from new windows, but when I try to link the two together....trouble.