tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Downey <down...@cs.fiu.edu>
Subject RE: Manager is supposed to return plain text
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:38:10 GMT
The docs must be out of date.
It is not essential that I get text back, it just seems easier.
I can search the output for the response string that I need.

I am writing a servlet that uses an ant script. Users can use it to
stop/start their own web app, but no one else's.
I want to report the success/failure of the actions. A text response
of OK or FAILURE is all I am looking for.

Howdy,
You can't change the response type from HTML to plain text, it's coded
into the manager webapp.  I wonder if the docs are out of date.  For
tomcat 5, a number of features were added to the manager webapp, and it
could be that accidentally these responses were made into HTML rather
than plain text.  Or it could have been on purpose.  Which tasks are you
using, and is it essential to you that the response be in plain text?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

--
Tim Downey