tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: problem in jsp response
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:45:32 GMT
Shapira, Yoav wrote:

> Howdy,
> You might want to read up on flushing the output as well as reducing the page buffer
size, both elementary JSP issues.

Yoav, why are we *encouraging* this absolute misuse of Servlets and JSPs?

I mean, I understand what the original poster wants - to have a page that is
displaying line by line, one line per second. But that is not HTTP "modus
operandi" and not what Servlets/JSPs are meant for.

Tomcat correctly buffers the page. OK, that can be turned off, but the browser
might also decide to "buffer" the output.

If the poster wishes INTERACTIVE or time controlled behaviour, he should use
Applets, Flash or ActiveX components. This is a road to madness.

Nix.