tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Spam <s...@rockhopper.org>
Subject Re: Apache + tomcat +ssl
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:10:59 GMT
Apache is used to support SSL requests, in this configuration no need for tomcat to know about
https.
(of course traffic between apache and tomcat is not encrypted)

I guess port 8443 is used only when tomcat is stand-alone (or for paranoiac ;-) ).

>> "Server Error"
Is it a message issued by tomcat or by apache?
(if issued by tomcat you will probably see tomcat on the page displayed and some logs messages
in tomcat logs?).

Do you successfully reach static pages (not redirected to tomcat, served
directly by apache) from https://myserver.com/ ?
I mean the first thing to discard is a pure SSL configuration problem
(not related to tomcat, nor mod_jk).
(if needed, remove the mod_jk configuration from apache to check that
SSL-alone is ok)

Could you provide us some hints about your apache configuration, mod_jk
configuration and the log files (not the full log please,
only the messages related to the request on
https://myserver.com/index.jsp ).

Johann DUPUIS

Bruno.Melloni@nokia.com wrote:

>This might be a dumb comment, but you do know that Tomcat's HTTPS port is 8443 by default,
defined in server.xml, right?  And that is only *after* you uncomment that part of the server.xml
and do all the other Tomcat SSL setup tasks.  I hope this helps.