tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.29 versus Tomcat 5
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:53:09 GMT
If that is the case, it will be a loooong time until there will be a tomcat
5.1. Since tomcat 5 went through so many public betas and originated from
fairly stable tomcat 4.1 code - the quality tomcat 5 "stable" release is
quite good. There weren't really any showstoppers requiring a quick minor
release. (Kudos to Remy!)

There was a discussion about tomcat 5.1, but there aren't really any reasons
to branch to 5.1 as compared to just enhancing the 5.0 branch.

5.0.17 should be tagged very soon from talk on the dev list.

-Tim