tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: mod_jk2 JNI question for the brave :)
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 09:18:19 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:

>>>That was the thing that I considered, but again if you have
>>
>>multiple
>>
>>>workers, what would be the benefit of having that much Tomcat
>>>instances running.
>>
>>What is the real benefit of running TC from within Apache via JNI?
>
> It should be a faster, cause there is no socket channel involved,
> and all the communication goes through internall buffers, that share the
> same process.

Aha. So, what's the story on "binding TC to one worker"? As you pointed out,
Apache has it's own MPM models and very few of them have just one worker.

Would it be a good way to go for Apache module "TC daemon", like CGI Daemon?

To have one dedicated Apache process run Tomcat within it and share access with
other workers? Or is it how things are, already?

Nix.