tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merrill Cornish <merrill.corn...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.16 Server Can't Find Keystore
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:40:55 GMT
Yesterday, in response to a post asking how to run Tomcat as a server,
someone pointed out that the *.exe binary, which includes the installer,
is now available.  (Hooray!)  So, I downloaded it, and it installed
flawlessly.  I had renamed my previous Tomcat 5.0.16 installation so the
server version could be installed in parallel.

I am using HTTPS, and I have enabled the proper connectors in server.xml
as I had done before. However, with the Tomcat service started, when I
start the application, it fails with the following entry in the
stdout.log file:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\.keystore (The system cannot
find the file specified)

The error message is valid in that my .keystore is under C:\Document
Settings.  That keystore had been generated by the Java keytool utility
using the instructions in Tomcat for establishing an SSL connector..  I
tried generating another key, thinking maybe this version looked in a
different place.  However, the keytool failed claiming that the alias
"Tomcat" already existed, implying it was looking C:\Document Settings.

I have check server.xml and web.xml, but I can't find anything to
specify where Tomcat is to look for the .keystore file.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make Tomcat look in C:\Document
Settings or how to make keytool generate a .keystore file in
C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile where it's looking?

Merrill Cornish