tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merrill Cornish <merrill.corn...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Really dumb question -- how do I set up Tomcat 5 to run as a service on NT?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 20:26:25 GMT
Betty,

As nearly as I can tell, Tomcat 4 was distributed for Windows as a .exe
file which included an installer.  That installer which could do the
service install.  However, Tomcat 5 is distributed (so far, at least) as
a .zip file, which has no installer.  I can run  Tomcat 5 standalone, as
I did Tomcat 4, but I haven't yet been able to run as a service yet.
When I try to command line approach, it doesn't work--I think it's
because the command line is too long.

Merrill