tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Merrill Cornish <merrill.corn...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Sudden IllegalStateException
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:23:45 GMT
Ben,

Yes, I can post the code, but now I'm not sure that will help.

Yesterday I tried my old standby debugging technique of commenting out
virtually all of the code in the servlet.  It worked.  I then started
uncommenting portions until it stopped working.  For a while, I thought
I was winning.  I got it down to where if a call to one subroutine was
commented out, it worked; but if the subroutine was called, the return
would fail when it reached the sendRedirect() back in the servlet.  Then
I noticed that SOMETIMES a call to the subroutine would not fail. [sigh...]

The subroutine in question does database access with no sendRedirect()
or any other "funny business."  Right now, I'm trying to further
characterize the problem.

I may still take you up on your offer of help (and thank you, by the
way), but I need to do some work first.

Thanks,
Merrill