tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: How to serve static EXCEL or POWERPOINT files from Tomcat ?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:14:04 GMT
Actually Mozilla and Netscape can open Excel and Powerpoint based upon the
.xls or .ppt extension if the mime-type is not set. However IE only opens
them properly if you add the mime-type to web.xml. Otherwise you get a
browser full of garbled text. I find this most amusing. (They may have fixed
this in IE 6.0).

Charlie