tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Schöpf Mirco <mirco.scho...@docuware.com>
Subject Again Problem with HTTP-PUT in Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:53:07 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I run a Tomcat 5.0.16 with a j2sdk1.4.2_03. I get HTTP ERROR 400 when I try to send a
HTTP-PUT Request to a Servlet.
The Servlet extends the HttpServlet class and overrides the doPut-method (everything
as it is supposed to be, I guess).
It never executes the code in this doPut method though.
I have also changed the the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml and added an init parameter
(readonly) to the default servlet:
This, according to the documentation, is the switch to enable HTTP-PUT on the server.

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
          org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
        </servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>readonly</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

Switing to Tomcat 4.1.29 did not really solve the problem. This version of Tomcat did
process PUT-Requests but only after I have sent a HTTP-GET Request before sending the
PUT.

What else do I have to do to process PUT-Requests on Tomcat 5.0.16?
I have "googled" alot on this subject and read (most) of the tomcat documentation.
Have I overlooked something?

I would appreciate any help on this topic.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Mirco Schöpf
Manager Application Development Connectivity Group

Make your documents live -  DocuWare

DocuWare AG
Technical Services
Therese-Giehse-Platz 2