tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Getty Images USA Support <supp...@gettyimages.com>
Subject <AUTO> 'Getty=987-032'Tomcat 5 jpda debugging
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:20:10 GMT
Hello and thank you for your email. We strive to respond to all email inquiries within one
business day. If your issue cannot wait that long, please call us at  877-438-8966.  Our hours
are 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

For reference, your assigned case ID is:987032

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren [nospam@dledmonds.eclipse.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, Jan 30 2004 3:18AM
To: Tomcat Users List [tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org]
Subject: Tomcat 5 jpda debugging

Seems I am just confused between debugging / logging, it actually works
fine if I set breakpoints!

Darren wrote:

> I'm trying to get remote debugging working in tomcat 5 to help debug
> my servlets, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I start catalina
> with jpda start which starts the logging to localhost:8000 which I can
> verify as netbeans allows me to connect to it successfully.  Problem
> is I see no logging output ...
>
> Do I need special logging calls within my code or should System.out,
> System.err and tracebacks just be appearing?
>
> Thanks,
> Darren

This email and its contents are confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose
or use the information within this email or its
attachments. If you have received this email in error,
please delete it immediately. Thank you.