tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tom ly <>
Subject RE: How do you configure Standard Error Log?
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:03:32 GMT
On Redhat Linux machine I get the catalina.out.  But not on my windows computer.  On windows,
it insteads prints out the out and err streams to the command window.

tom ly <> wrote:I did that but I don't see catalina.out. Do you
have to do some extra configuration for 4.1.29 to have catalina.out?

"Shapira, Yoav" wrote:

>I've got this is my web.xml, but tomcat won't run with it:

For starters, you need to enclose attributes in double quotes. Then
System.err output will be redirected to $CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out
by default.

Yoav Shapira

contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended
disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?