tomcat-users mailing list archives

From tom ly <booshleeka...@yahoo.com>
Subject how can I change a variable on the fly with shutting down tomcat
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:54:54 GMT
I have a variable stored in memory which will be returned for certain xml-rpc requests in tomcat/axis,
it needs a initial value upon startup of tomcat.  But then I need to be able to change this
variable on the fly without shutting down tomcat and then have it be permanently changed afterwards.
 What can I do? I've though about using a text file.  But I want to read from this text file
once only during startup of tomcat, store the value in memory for fast access but then be
able to change the value in memory as well as the text file on the fly.  What can i use to
do this? or is there a better way?
Regards,
Tom Ly