tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paco Ros <p...@bergantells.net>
Subject Problem with WEB-INF/classes
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:31:15 GMT
Hi!

I have a little problem with my classpath.

I've just downloaded Tomcat 5 and I've created a simple new webapp
($TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/myapp).

I've compiled a class into myapp/WEB-INF/classes/ and I've writen a simple JSP
page that uses this class.

When I access the JSP page I get a compilation error (ClassNotFound).

I've been reading Tomcat Website's documentation and WEB-INF/classes is
supposed to be the place to put compiled classes.

I've downloaded and installed Tomcat 4 and I have the same problem,
but I can access /myapp context and static pages are properly served with both
servers.

I'm using Sun's JDK 1.4.2_03 on Debian.

Could anybody help me, please?

Thanks in advance.