tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rahul Kuchhal <kuch...@yahoo.com>
Subject mod_jk load balancing question
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:25:23 GMT
Hi! I have a question about the load balancing
capabilities of JK connector. If this is not the
correct forum to ask this please let me know.

We have been using a single apache load balanced
equally between two Tomcat machines, using JK
connector. Now during load tests on one of the
installation the load is getting distributed evenly
but on another installation (different machines and
different application) the load distribution is very
uneven. It always favors one Tomcat machine over the
other in the ratio of 5:1.

We have checked everything including the load factor
etc. But the Tomcat sessions on one machine is 50 and
on another one they are only 10.

Is there a place where I can get more information
about the load balancing algorithm? Any thing we can
do to figure out why it is behaving in such a way?

Thanks,
Rahul