tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rasmus Munk" <m...@writeme.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.x running in-process on IIS 5.0
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:07:55 GMT
I am aware of this fact, and would like to minimize the overhead (and the
strange errors I sometimes get from using the redirector.dll). I know it is
possible to configure tomcat 3.3 to run in-process and communicate to the
IIS, not through HTTP, but by JNI. I was wondering if this is possible for
Tomcat 4.x as well?

-Rasmus

-----Original Message-----
From: Filip Hanik [mailto:devlists@hanik.com]
Sent: 16. januar 2004 00:59
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.x running in-process on IIS 5.0

>and also seems some what
> slower compared to communicating directly to Tomcat

anything you put in front of tomcat will make it slower.
those are just the laws of physics.
Going to tomcat directly is like me asking you to bake a load of bread.
Going through IIS is like me telling your buddy telling you to bake the
bread.
obviously there is some overhead with me going through your buddy to get you
to bake some bread.

Filip