tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Priti Sawant <prit...@yahoo.com>
Subject installing tomcat
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:01:14 GMT
Hello
I followed the following steps to install tomcat on my machine.
1) http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
2) click on

Tomcat 5.0.16 KEYS
   5.0.16 zip PGP MD5 (I clicked on 5.0.16) and after completion unzipped the files

3) the following folders are now installed under jakart-tomcat-5.0.16 folder

bin, common, conf, logs, server, webapps, work ; files are license, RUNNIN.txt, RELEASE.NOTES

i do not see the lib folder in which the "servlet.jar" exists. Infact none of the above folder
has the .jar. Theres all servlet-default.jar under server-----lib --folder.

Please let me know What step did i miss. I need to include "import javax.servlet.*" into my
file. but with no lib folder it gives me an error

Thanking you

Sincerely,
Priti Sawant
(206) 852-0149

www.geocities.com/sawantpriti

" It is possible to fail in many ways...while to succeed is possible only in one way. - Aristotle
"