tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: RTFM
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:32:37 GMT
in traditional fashion, the subject was related to the contents of body of the email.

George Sexton <gsexton@mhsoftware.com> wrote:I generally don't think it is required
to resort to things like this to
"get our attention".

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerald Powel [mailto:geraldpowel@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 3:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RTFM

Hi,

Now I have your attention, will someone tell me if it is
possible to forward control (either by JSP or Servlet) from one context
to another, in the same browser window? i.e:

forward from http://locahost:8080/app1/...

to http://locahost:8080/app2/... in the same window (IE).

It is either so glaringly obvious that no one deems an answer worthwhile
(RTFM), or so really really difficult, and no one knows how do this.
Surely not. Either way I need to know.

A yes or no will suffice, is it possible? If it is, any further
direction after that is of course appreciated!

Gerald.

P.S I am using Apache Tomcat 4.0.6, and have found no doco on this