tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: RTFM
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:50:37 GMT
yes:

request.getSession().invalidate();
String page = "/app2/index.jsp?userid=aname"
response.sendRedirect(page);

//RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher(page);
//rd.forward(request, response);

using the RequestDispatcher gets the same results.

G.

Keshav Sarin <KSarin@net-deposit.com> wrote:
Have you tried clearing the session before redirecting?

>>> geraldpowel@yahoo.co.uk 01/14/04 03:41PM >>>
Hi,
Yes, I have tried all manner of things - client and server. The
problem is that while the desired destination URL is oresent in the
address bar, the session remains from the original. Hence a mutation
with various error messages of the first can be seen.

G.

Have you tried using JavaScript. The window.location =
http://localhost:8080/app2 may work.

Allen