tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jerald Powel <geraldpo...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: RTFM
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:41:37 GMT
Hi,
     Yes, I have tried all manner of things - client and server. The problem is that while
the desired destination URL is oresent in the address bar, the session remains from the original.
Hence a mutation with various error messages of the first can be seen.

G.

Have you tried using JavaScript. The window.location =
http://localhost:8080/app2 may work.

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerald Powel [mailto:geraldpowel@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 4:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RTFM

Hi,

Now I have your attention, will someone tell me if it is
possible to forward control (either by JSP or Servlet) from one context
to another, in the same browser window? i.e:

forward from http://locahost:8080/app1/...

to http://locahost:8080/app2/... in the same window (IE).

It is either so glaringly obvious that no one deems an answer worthwhile
(RTFM), or so really really difficult, and no one knows how do this.
Surely not. Either way I need to know.

A yes or no will suffice, is it possible? If it is, any further
direction after that is of course appreciated!

Gerald.

P.S I am using Apache Tomcat 4.0.6, and have found no doco on this