tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Duffy <>
Subject InitParameters Question
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:12:26 GMT

Init parameters for a servlet are specified in
web.xml, using the <init-param> child of the <servlet>

These can be accessed using the
javax.servlet.GenericServlet.getInitParameter().  So
far, so good.

There's also a getInitParameter() method in the
javax.servlet.ServletContext class.  I thought it,
too, gave access to the <init-param> values.

But in my application, ServletContext doesn't provide
access to the init param names.  My servlet does call
" super.init(config);" in the first line of its init()

It appears that the init params of the servlet and its
context are different.  Can someone clear up this
misunderstanding for me?  Thanks - MOD

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: