tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Duffy <duff...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question Regarding Running Tomcat 5.0.16 As A Service On Windows 2000
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:05:17 GMT

Hi Jacob,

I agree - I looked at the script and never saw
ANYTHING that put out those lines.  I figured they had
to be coming from tomcat.exe itself.  There's nothing
in the script that will produce those lines.

It makes me wonder what I've got in my download.
Packaging errors happen - could I have a bad download
from Jakarta?

JAVA_HOME?  Yes, of course.  It's worth asking, but
I'm no novice.  ;)  Thanks - MOD

--- Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:

> I'm really not sure where all that output is coming
> from?  Have you tried just
> running "service.bat"?  You should get...
>
>     ECHO is off.
>     Usage: service.bat install/remove [service_name]
>
> After that, just try running "service.bat install".
> You should get...
>
>     The service 'Tomcat5' has been installed
>
> If you don't see this, then something ele is running
> that I'm not aware of.
> Good luck!
>
> BTW, you do have JAVA_HOME defined, right?
>
> Jake
>
> Quoting Michael Duffy <duffymo@yahoo.com>:
>

> > Hi Jacob:
> >
> > Here's the complete text that I got back.  As you
> can
> > see from the first line, my first argument was
> > install.  The second is the optional service name:

C:\Tools\Tomcat\5.0.16\bin>jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16-servicebatch.bat