tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Prévost Eric <ep_tom...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Microsoft's JDBC driver with Tomcat 5.0.16 on Linux
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 22:25:21 GMT
Hi,

I know that Microsoft's newsgroups would be a better
place.  I already posted there, but I didn't get any
response, so I'm trying here.

I'm using Microsoft JDBC drivers SP2 for SQL 2000, and
my SQL server is SQL 2000 SP3.  I'm using the drivers
with Tomcat 5.0.16 on Mandrake Linux 9.0.

On my SQL Server, master's collation is
SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN, and my database's
collation is Latin1_General_BIN.  All my varchar
fields use database's default collation.

When I'm accessing data with special French characters
like "é", "è", "à", ...  I'm getting "?" instead.  If
I try Tomcat on Windows, I don't have this problem.

Also, when I use i-net sofware's Opta JDBC driver for
SQL Server, everything works fine.

What do I have to do to get these characters
correctly?

Thank you.

Eric Prévost