tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Riaan Oberholzer <>
Subject Weird Occurance
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 07:18:43 GMT
Hi, I have Tomcat 4.1.29 running under Windows XP and
my application works fine. I have a user login, then a
user object is stored in the session. This object is
retrieved at the start of every servlet & jsp to check
if the user has access/rights to the servlet/jsp. I
also use the object for some display information,
that's why I chose this instead of a Realm.

In another environment, Linux with Tomcat 4.1.27, the
app seems to work fine, but just about every second
page the user object is lost from the session and the
user gets directed to the login page. That is of
course correct if the user has been idle too long, but
this is certainly not the case here. I don't
understand this. The user object is supposed to be

The Windows XP server is locally, the linux one
remotely. The linux also has a ZoneAlarm firewall
protecting it.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message