tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kellstrand" <mi...@rapix.com>
Subject Re: "Silent" install of Tomcat on Windows?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:23:51 GMT
> Mike Kellstrand schrieb:
> >  Are there command-line parameters or
> > any other way to invoke the process from a batch file with all the
> > required settings (like install dir, and to install as a service)
> > so it could be an "unattended" install?
> >

> Why don't you just use the zip archive and unpack it silently into the
desired
> target directory?
>
> Thomas

OK, that takes care of getting the files where I want them.
Cool.

How about the window that pops up with a list of options
that you can check or uncheck?  Most interesting to me is
the "Install as a service" option.  Is there a command I can
run from the command prompt to install it as a service after
I unzip the files into a dir?

Thanks,  Mike