tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Kellstrand" <mi...@rapix.com>
Subject "Silent" install of Tomcat on Windows?
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:48:42 GMT
I've poked around a bit, but could find any info on this ...

The standard Tomcat installer for Windows asks a number of
questions during the install.  Are there command-line parameters or
any other way to invoke the process from a batch file with all the
required settings (like install dir, and to install as a service)
so it could be an "unattended" install?

The purpose is that I would like to bundle up Tomcat, Java, my webapps,
and some other things into a nice installer.

I can certainly just invoke the Tomcat installer from the main installer,
but it would be nice for the user not to have to answer install questions
that could be pre-configured.

Thanks,  Mike