tomcat-users mailing list archives

From udvenkat...@zerolag.com
Subject multiple instance mode on Windows
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:43:18 GMT
Hi,

Does running multiple instances of tomcat on the same server running on
Windows Server 2000, involve running a seperate JVM for each instance?  or can
they all be configured to use one JVM. I'm new to tomcat.
I cant seem to find detailed instructions on how to configure multiple
instances of the tomcat. If any have access to resources that deal with these
issues, please let me know.

Also, when using tomcat in production environment, does directing all
System.out statements to tomcat console effect its performance? How can this
be avoided? Where would I set the JVM options it run the garbage collector in
incremental mode?

thank you

venk.