tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Logging and Tomcat 5.0.16
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 14:53:37 GMT

Put log4j-1.2.8.jar in common/lib and put log4j.properties or log4j.xml in
common/classes.  Works fine for me and I still use Log4j in my webapps, each
with their own logging that doesn't interfere with anything else.  This is
achieve be either adding log4j.jar to WEB-INF/lib of each webapp and/or using a
repository selector where I can have a single instance of Log4j, yet have all
apps log in their own private logger repository.

Jake