tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.x running in-process on IIS 5.0
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 23:59:00 GMT
>and also seems some what
> slower compared to communicating directly to Tomcat

anything you put in front of tomcat will make it slower.
those are just the laws of physics.
Going to tomcat directly is like me asking you to bake a load of bread.
Going through IIS is like me telling your buddy telling you to bake the
bread.
obviously there is some overhead with me going through your buddy to get you
to bake some bread.

Filip