tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Søren Blidorf <so...@nolas.dk>
Subject request.getRemoteUser() is NULL
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:12:28 GMT
I have made a new installation of Tomcat 4.1.29 on my new DELL laptop
running
XP.

I have copied the project to the new laptop and try set it up to work as
on my
work machine.

I am not able to get the login to work. I am using the
<security-constraint> in
my web.xml.

At first I could not get the FORM login to work only BASIC. Then I
changed the
FORM action to <%= response.encodeURL("j_security_check") %>, and I was
able
use FORM login.

The next problem is that the auth is only accepted for the page that
activated
the FORM page. For example <url-pattern>/public/*</url-pattern> contains

test.jsp and test2.jsp and when I link to test.jsp the FORM page is
called.
When succesfully logged in the request.getRemoteUser() is correct. But
when I
then link from there to test2.jsp the request.getRemoteUser() is NULL
and the
FORM page is called again.

If you have any ideas that will get me in the right direction, please
let me know.

BR.

Soren