tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Batting" <m...@doubleshift.com>
Subject problem connecting Apache2 and Tomcat 5 via mod_jk2
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 19:17:31 GMT
I followed suggestion from an email on this list and got the latest
tomcat-jk2.jar so that
timcat had the needed org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig implementation.

The problem I am having now is thet mod_jk.conf file that is auto generated
by tomcat
does not seem to be correct.  I have read in many places that the module it
tries to
load jk_module needs to be renamed to jk2_module.  However this cannot be
done
in the same file since it is regenerated each time tomcat starts.

Should I not add this line to the httpd.conf file in apache:
Include /usr/local/tomcat/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

also... if i do switch the LoadModule command to jk2_module,
it then bombs on the JkMount command.

Is this build of tomcat not creating a useable mod_jk.conf ?

should I ignore this .conf file and simply add all the needed entries to the
httpd.conf.

If so, is there a document outlining all the needed entries here in order
to properly mount different servlet zones so apache can contact tomcat
when needed ?