tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Susan Tahmoresi" <stahmor...@novus-tele.net>
Subject Please help: error: The requested resource (/stuff/index.html) is not available.
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:08:40 GMT
Hi All,

I am new to tomcat and just installed Jakarta.tomcat 5.0.16. I am able to start up and shut
down the web server successfully.

I tried to write a simple HTML to print "hello world".
The HTML program alone is working fine offline but when I try to link it =
to webserver I get this error message:
The requested resource (/stuff/index.html) is not available.

the index.html is located at webapps/stuff/index.html.

I am setting CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME at the beginning of startup.bat and am using Windows
XP.

I shut down and restart webserver several times. It looks like that it doesn't recognize Catalina
home.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Susan