tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Spencer Bruce <spen...@ubaccess.com>
Subject UTF-8 Charset from mod_jk and Apache http server
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:10:17 GMT
Hi,

 I am using apche http server 1.3.27, tomcat 4.1.29 and mod_jk/1.2.4 to connect it up.

I have set tomcat to serve all pages using the utf-8 charset in the http header.  This works
fine. However, when I serve the same page through the web server, the charset is set to be
iso-8859-1.

I assume this is because the web server has been set to serve pages in this charset.  How
do I get it to serve pages using the UTF-8 charset.

I have tried adding "AddDefaultCharset utf-8" to the httpd.conf but this does not seem to
work.

Thanks

Spencer Bruce