tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Simone Chiaretta" <sim...@piyosailing.com>
Subject [maybe OT] - java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError in servlet when generating image on the fly
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:02:26 GMT
Hello all,
I get a strange error when try to run a code to generate a JPG on the
fly from inside a servlet:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_01/jre/lib/i386/libawt.so: libXp.so.6: cannot open

the libXp.so lib is a lib from X server...
But I'm running the webserver on a just text server, so, no Xfree...
I'm wondering if X is needed to use some awt methods (like the
Toolkit.getImage())... or JPEGEncoder

the piece of code that seems to generate the error is:

Image image1 = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage(sourceFileName)

Thanx
Simone

Simone Chiaretta
 <http://www.piyosailing.com/S> www.piyosailing.com/S
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"