tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Batting" <m...@doubleshift.com>
Subject problem connecting Apache2 and Tomcat 5 via mod_jk2
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:03:13 GMT
I am receiving a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for the org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig
class.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Has the ApacheConfig class been changed or had its package changed ?  Is there a new Listener
class I should be using instead of this one ?

I have tried using both the Tomcat 5 source and the binary.  I am using build 5.0.16.
I tried switching back to tomcat 4 and i can get tomcat running and creating the expected,

mod_jk.conf file... but then run into problems with the jk2 configuration on the apache side.
It 'appears' like the tomcat 4 version is not creating the right files for use with mod_jk2
(it creates files for use with mod_jk ?)

I am really at a loss here.