tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lukas Larsson" <garaz_u...@mail15.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk problem
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:09:16 GMT
Thx for the replies. I'm using 4.1.29. I haven't played anything with the
structure at all. The strange thing is that when I put the test.jsp file in
the examples folder in webapps I can display it and it works like a charm,
but if I put it anywhere else it wont work. Putting it in ROOT does not help
this at all.

So what permissions do I need to have on the file?

this is my web.xml file

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
  <display-name>Welcome to Tomcat</display-name>
  <description>
     Welcome to Tomcat
  </description>
</web-app>

I haven't changed anything in it.

Adding JkMount /*.jsp aj13 to my mod_jk.conf had the wanted effect. I can
now see http://localhost:8080/test.jsp . But there's still no formatation on
test.jsp on port 80 :(, atleast now we know that tomcat is working properly.

Guy Rouillier said before that I have to make sure that 'tomcat is set up
properly by going directly to it for the
JSP page, bypassing Apache', how would I check this? And how do I set it up?

./Lukas