tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mike Curwen" <mi...@gb-im.com>
Subject RE: Acrobat 6.0.1 plug-in for IE and Tomcat 4.1.x problem
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:58:37 GMT
rar?
;) I was talking about the acrobat charset ie  glitch. 
 
the mysql parameter, btw, is ?autoReconnect=true 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org] 
> Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 9:53 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Re: Acrobat 6.0.1 plug-in for IE and Tomcat 4.1.x problem
> 
> 
> The fix is available for 4.1.30, not 29.
> 
> 4.1.30 has been built and is available for downloading and 
> testing. In time, 
> a vote will be called on 4.1.30 to declare its stability. 
> With luck it will 
> be called stable.
> 
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/
src/share/org/apache/catalina/realm/JDBCRealm.ja> va
> 
> If the database is mysql - the fix should be un-needed since 
> mysql has some 
> parameter (I don't know) that can automtically reconnect for you.
> 
> -Tim
> 
> Mike Curwen wrote:
> 
> > Tim, is there a way to tell in bugzilla what the 'fix version' is ? 
> > It's reported against 4.1.29 (I guess?), but where's the 
> fix?  I guess 
> > I'll assume 5.0.18 ?
> >  
> > And would the class file work in 4.1.29, if I couldn't upgrade yet?
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >>-----Original Message-----
> >>From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
> >>Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 6:39 AM
> >>To: Tomcat Users List
> >>Subject: Re: Acrobat 6.0.1 plug-in for IE and Tomcat 4.1.x problem
> >>
> >>
> >>Its a fixed bug.
> >>
> >>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=24970
> >>
> >>-Tim
> >>
> >>David Li wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Hi,
> >>>
> >>>  I don't subscribe to the list so direct reply to 
> taweili@yahoo.com 
> >>>would be greatly appreciated.
> >>>
> >>>  We recently detect a problem with sending generated PDF 
> to Acrobat 
> >>>6.0.1's IE plug-in. In Tomcat, if the ContentType is set, a
> >>
> >>charset is
> >>
> >>>automatically appended to it. This causes problem with
> >>
> >>Acrobat 6.0.1's
> >>
> >>>IE plug-in. So far, we have summarize the following conditions:
> >>>
> >>>1. ContentType: application/pdf
> >>>
> >>>This works fine.
> >>>
> >>>2. ContentType: application/pdf;
> >>>
> >>>This shows blank pages
> >>>
> >>>3. ContentType: application/pdf;charset=UTF-8
> >>>
> >>>This shows error message of corrupted PDF file. However, if we
> >>>download
> >>>it, it can be open correctly with Arcobat 6.0.1. Only plug-in 
> >>>complaining the problem.
> >>>
> >>>  I have tried to contact Adobe about this but, of course, get no 
> >>>response. I think this is more of a problem of Adobe's plug-in 
> >>>implementation rather then Tomcat's problem. I have check
> >>
> >>the source
> >>
> >>>codes, there is no way to disable appending charset if
> >>
> >>setContentType is
> >>
> >>>called.
> >>>
> >>>  Any suggestion is appreciated.
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >>------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------
> >>To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >>For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >>
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message