tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Tom Joseph" <...@avere.com>
Subject jsp:include page="/servlet/..' does not work
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:57:27 GMT
Hello,

I am having trouble getting the following JSP working with tomcat 4.1.

<jsp:include page="/servlet/MyServlet" flush="true"/>

I do not see any errors at the server. I do not see the servlet getting
loaded/initialized either. Browser shows blank screen. I am using JBOSS
3.2.3, struts 1.1 on Win2K. The same works just fine at tomcat 4.0 with
jboss 2.4.

I am attaching the generated code below. It does not explicitly call the
init() unlike the older version. Any idea why it is happening ?. Please
let me know if anybody has any thoughts on what is going on.

I greatly appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
Tom//.

=========== CODE BELOW =======================

package org.apache.jsp;

import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.jsp.*;
import org.apache.jasper.runtime.*;

public class logonAlpha_jsp extends HttpJspBase {

  private static java.util.Vector _jspx_includes;

  public java.util.List getIncludes() {
    return _jspx_includes;
  }

  public void _jspService(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response)
        throws java.io.IOException, ServletException {

    JspFactory _jspxFactory = null;
    javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext pageContext = null;
    HttpSession session = null;
    ServletContext application = null;
    ServletConfig config = null;
    JspWriter out = null;
    Object page = this;
    JspWriter _jspx_out = null;

    try {
      _jspxFactory = JspFactory.getDefaultFactory();
      response.setContentType("text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1");
      pageContext = _jspxFactory.getPageContext(this, request, response,
                        null, true, 8192, true);
      application = pageContext.getServletContext();
      config = pageContext.getServletConfig();
      session = pageContext.getSession();
      out = pageContext.getOut();
      _jspx_out = out;

      JspRuntimeLibrary.include(request, response, "/servlet/MyServlet",
out, true);
      out.write("\r\n");
    } catch (Throwable t) {
      out = _jspx_out;
      if (out != null && out.getBufferSize() != 0)
        out.clearBuffer();
      if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
    } finally {
      if (_jspxFactory != null)
_jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);
    }
  }
}