tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Neal" <>
Subject Could not find trusted certificate
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:08:58 GMT
I suddenly have a problem reading XML over SSL, where the system has
been in place for a year and the problem never existed before! And the
weird part is that both my dev and production environments now seem to
have the same problem.

Another interesting tidbit I have noticed is that I *can* access XML
documents on my own server (using a Thawte cert) but have a problem when
attempting to access documents on two external servers that I know use
Verisign certs.  This may or may not be related.

Can anyone think of what may be wrong or what I can do to correct the

I am getting the following error: Could not find trusted certificate

Here is the method I am using to retrieve the document:
public Document readDocument(URL url) throws IOException,
ParserConfigurationException, SAXException {
	Document doc = null;
      InputStream in = url.openStream();
      DocumentBuilderFactory docBuilderFactory =
      DocumentBuilder docBuilder =
      doc = docBuilder.parse(in);
      return doc;

To unsubscribe, e-mail: