tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Howard Watson" <howa...@esgw.org>
Subject Re: Sudden IllegalStateException
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2003 23:03:53 GMT
Are you real sure that you do not have more than one sendRedirect in your code that can be
processed sequentially? The first one will set a header and the second will throw an error.

Have a Happy New Year!

>>> merrill.cornish@earthlink.net 12/31/03 03:43PM >>>
Howard,

I had already read the misc.html#illegalstate.  In my case, I KNOW the
illegal state was triggered by sendRedirect() since that's what's in the
trace back.  Also, I've already verified that immediately before the
call to sendRedirect(), both session and response are OK.

I forgot to mention in the first post that I've already tried stopping
and starting Tomcat, stopping and relaunching the browser, and
recompiling all servlets.  My question is WHY is sendRedirect() causing
the problem.

Merrill