tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Tulley" <JTUL...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Session not freed in tomcat4.0.6
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 17:54:20 GMT
If you notice even in 4.x the section is commented out.  Also, the
StandardManager is used by default unless you specify it.  So, if you
want different settings than the defaults, then you need to add in a
<Manager> section with the StandardManager as the class specified.  Look
at the docs for specifics.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html

>>> bsouther@fwdco.com 12/3/03 8:24:50 AM >>>
> Can you point me how to do these settings?
Change the saveOnRestart setting to false in your server.xml

          <Manager
className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
              debug="0"
              saveOnRestart="false"
              maxActiveSessions="-1"
              minIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleSwap="-1"
              maxIdleBackup="-1">
                <Store
className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
          </Manager>

BTW:  I didn't notice the Manager section in the server.xml file in
Tomcat 5x.
has it been replaced?

ALSO: If I were a committer, I would vote against making the new
minimal
server.xml file the default for future disturbutions.  It's a lot
easier to
instruct us newbies to uncomment something from the file than to
explain how
to write sections in or switch from one config file to another..

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 10:01 am, senthilnathan wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you point me how to do these settings?
>
> Thanks,
> senthilnathan

intended
> recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer
system
> and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Ben Souther
F.W. Davison & Company, Inc.

Jeff Tulley  (jtulley@novell.com)
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com