tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: TC5 + SSL: Keystore password bound to default "changeit"?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:59:22 GMT

"Ankur Shah" <im2kul@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:3FD6286B.1010905@comcast.net...
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > Baer Peter Christoph Alexander wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I have a question about something, I observe, but don't
> >> want to believe... ;-)
> >>
> >> Tomcat 5 can use my keystore, but only if the password is
> >> "changeit", the default password. Now, the docs say, one
> >> should use this, but with TC 4.0.6 it was possible to
> >> change it. Is the password hard coded in TC 5?
> >

> > I didn't test that particular feature myself, but I believe this works
> > ok.
> > The way connectors parameters (and in particular SSL parameters) are
> > defined changed in TC 5.0.x. Look there:
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/coyote.html
> > There's the SSL howto also.
> >
> Also, you might want to make sure that the password of your *target key*
> matches your keystore password. I'm not sure how that plays out in
> tomcat world, but I can see that to be a problem if the server assumes
> the key's password to be the same as that of the keystore.

This is a true fact :(.  At the moment, the keystore password must match the
password for the target-key.  It would be nice to be able to specify
different passwords, and someday it may even happen :).  If this feature is
important to you, patches are always welcome (since this is the only way
that it will move up in my development queue).