tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pon Umapathy K.S." <umapa...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat's ThreadPool and InheritableThreadLocal variables
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:46:41 GMT

Thanks for responding.I had already kinda tested it.But thought,i would get
it confirmed from the gurus. ;)

> I think the variables will stay with the thread, as they're not bound to
> the lifetime of the request.  This is a far from optimal design
> (actually I think InheritableThreadLocal is just evil and shouldn't be
> used).You might want to try tomcat 5 and its request listeners, as
> these provide the proper lifecycle for what you're trying to do.

The problem is it's already decided that we are to use tomcat 3.3.1a for our
application and we have to live with it.I'll just try to find some way to
work around this issue.

Is there some release note or something regarding this which i can refer to?